1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way Pro Control battery

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bhmjwp, Oct 17, 2013.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I have a 2 year old Pro Control wireless unit. Did not open or install for 1 st yr. Installed 2 nd year, and battery only holds charge for a week. Have to do a complete re program. Anyone have had this problem. Checked for sources for battery replacement and sounds as if dealer only.

Anyone else have any problems with these. How long should they last?

Thanks for any help.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's critical to keep the battery charged. They even sell a 110 charger for summer maintainance. Your battery's downfall was not maintaining a charge. particularly if the unit came charged and paired to a receiver.

Yes they are a dealer only part (I've searched the aftermarket,) reprogramming (pairing the unit) is not a hastle, unless of course you are doing it once a week.:laughing: I'll send you pairing instructions if you don't have them.

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Hello Warren-thanks for jumping in. I tried e-mailing you but must be getting blocked. This is a unit I bought from you a couple of years ago. I should not have let it sit so long. Charged it monthly, but was most likely too late.

I'll call Kim and order a battery, this is a truck and plow I am going to sell the Fall, but will let the new owner know about the 110 charger. Would be handy. I still have all the instructions, so should be good to go.

Thanks, Melody

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've been have ISP issues and computer geek i'm not:dizzy:

5. thewitt

thewitt Junior Member

110 charger

Where can you purchase an 110 charger for the snoway Pro wireless charger?