1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way predator v-plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bmcnaughton, Feb 27, 2012.

1. bmcnaughton

bmcnaughton Junior Member
    from indy

I haven't had to use my 2005 sno-way v-plow much this year, but the last time I had it out the controller would shut off on its own repeatedly. I have never had this problem before and I've had the plow on this truck since it was new, truck and plow. It would shut off during operation after I would raise it or angle it. I could hiy the button to turn it on each time, but each time it would shut off. Has anyone had this happen with this type of plow? Is my controller shot or do I have another problem? Any imput would be appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Look for a broken wire on the control system. Carefully disassemble the plugs and check internally also. Than check the pump wiring for the same issues, broken or bare wires. Carefully take the controller apart. clean it in distilled water, dry ( I use a hair dryer set on LOW) and reassemble. Look for worn spots or tears in the membrane pad. If they are all good I would guess a bad controller.

I should have controllers in stock.

3. bmcnaughton

bmcnaughton Junior Member
    from indy

Is the shutting on and off symptoms of a bad controller? I've checked all of the wiring and can't find anything obvious. Can I just buy the circuit board for the inside of the controller?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

no circuit board you have to buy entire control.