1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno way predator need help

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Woodeye, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Woodeye

Woodeye Junior Member

Just hooked up my plow for the first time this year. It turns left and right and raises but it will not drop. Flip on the down pressure switch can hear the motor run.
    Serial #14484 Model # DB - 1037 -C
    Thanks for any suggestions.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. Woodeye

Woodeye Junior Member

Got it working. Bad connection. Cleaned the plug and receptacle with a wire brush and some carb cleaner. Works great. Just in time the for the big storm coming in tommorrow.

Thanks, Woodeye

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Put some di-electric grease in the connections.

5. turbokh

turbokh Junior Member
    from elma ny

hey! similar problem here.. plow angles, goes up, and drops half way. doesn't appeaar to be anything mechanically keeping it from dropping. how can it be electrical, though? once the valve opens to drop it shouldnt it go down all the way? stops about 8 inches from the pavement. help??

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you sure your jack foot isn't interfering, or maybe the travel lock is still in place?

7. turbokh

turbokh Junior Member
    from elma ny

stupid me! that's what it was... the foot wasn't locked in place and it swung around to keep the plow from lowering.. this is my first snow way plow - i forgot that thing even existed. shouldn't be doing this stuff with a fever of 103 and not thinking straight.