1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way Predator HVT v-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ddazzle007, Sep 27, 2004.

1. ddazzle007

ddazzle007 Junior Member

:help:

Hi I just bought this plow off of ebay for 1625.00 complete. Im curious if anyone has any info on these plows such as how reliable they are ? or if they have any weak spots that i should be aware of?

Also i plan on putting it in for sevice as soon as i pick it up ,it has a broken/chipped cutting edge. what is the best choice for replacement .. it currently has steel .. i may be plowing on some gravel ..some of which isnt very level or even

How often do you actually use the down force?

Thanks
    Dennis Pasley
    Snow busters 454SS

plow1j.JPG

plow 2j.JPG

plow 3.JPG

Last edited: Sep 27, 2004
  2. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Plowing gravel is an ideal venue for a urethane cutting edge.

Bruce

3. ddazzle007

ddazzle007 Junior Member

urethane blade strenth?

how does that blade hold up on regular surfaces?

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Urethane can actually outlast a steel edge.

5. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Urethane not only out lasts steel but it is far less damaging to both the plowed surface as well as the plowing equipment.

Bruce

6. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Urethane will perform better and won't tear up the truck, you, or stuff you run over.

As for downpressure, it is handy for backdragging, punching through tracked and packed stuff. Not recommended to run it all the time. Makes up for the lower weight of the plow. Play with it and see what works best.

7. ddazzle007

ddazzle007 Junior Member

you guys ! ur GGREAT !!

Thanks for the fast replys , as im am picking up the plow on friday ,driving up to akron to get it , then dropping it off to be brought up to speed (serviced ). i have now decided to go with the urethane blades i apreieate the advise . this is a great forum

Thanks
    Dennis Pasley
    Snow busters
    Lake ozark MO.

8. ddazzle007

ddazzle007 Junior Member

Is Anyone using this Blade

Now that i know what cutting blades to go with can anyone tell me what weakness this plow may have , i am attaching it to a long wheel base 3/4 ton suburban with an 454 auto and am considering a small hopper/spreader on the back.
    Thanks
    Dennis Pasley
    Snow busters
    Lake Ozark MO>
    :nod: