1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way Predator - Battery issue

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Kevin97Tahoe, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Hey guys!

Finally got my plow mounted over the weekend and I am having a weird battery issue. When I operate the plow on my 1500 Tahoe I can actually watch my battery gauge down from 14 volts to about 8 volts. It seems like its drawing ALOT more power then it has in previous years.

Does anyone have a suggestion that could fix this? Also over two nights the plow drained my battery.

Anyone have a shot in the dark as to what it could be?

Thanks guys!
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Weak Battery.

What series plow? if it's the old rocker switch box perhaps you left it in the float down position?
  3. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Its the old Predator seen in my avatar.

Would this make a surge in battery loss though when I go up and down left to right? Is it possible the solenoid is going?

I just put a brand new battery in it yesterday and you still see it go from 14 volts to 9 volts when I go up and down. The minute I stop it goes back to 14 volts.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are all power connections clean and directly attached to the battery? You always use a lot of power to lift the unit but poor connections increase it dramatically.

Is this with the motor running?
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Definately clean the gorund and pos connections on the plow. I FF mine and it keeps them cleaner
    My lights dim a little bit and did it worse until I made sure all connections were nice and clean.