1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way Poly Wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jggarrettllc, Dec 28, 2005.

1. jggarrettllc

jggarrettllc Junior Member

This is the best i could come up with on my 7'6 HT......ive used em' twice and they have held up great. Hope this helps all u guys with poly plows get some wings and make more green. Also any suggestions are appriciated......thanx

IMG_0032.jpg

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  2. jggarrettllc

IMG_0034.jpg

3. jggarrettllc

IMG_0043.jpg

4. jggarrettllc

IMG_0033.jpg

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I see three attachment point to the blade from the rear but only two in front does the piece of curved rubber mount through the blade.

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Great minds think alike! SnoWay and wings- winning combination! I did mine a while back, got to use them 34 hrs already in the one storm we got (6" storm) did great.

A few small differences in how we did them but i know mine are functional and work perfect, yours look like they would too. cool beans dude.
    Eric

7. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Just courious

Ok so how much of a difference do these wing make? I'm looking to fab my own, do they really work that good?

8. jggarrettllc

Awesome

The wings are wonderful! I think the blade with wings measures 9'6 plus it allows you to windrow with the full width of the blade and no trails. Worth every penny and the time to install, get em from angelos suppy to your door for bout $180. Good Luck

9. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Nice man. I've been planning on doing wings on my snoway, but was going to build the whole setup. Yours looks pretty clean. I like it. Do you get any trail off between the pro wings and the snoway, or is it tight? Looks like there might be a space. Also, can you take a pic with the wings off. Like to see how the blade looks without them on.

10. Runner

Runner Senior Member

You're always going to get a little bit of trail off eventually, but the amount you can carry with the wings compared to what you can carry without is significant. It is utterly amazing how much more snow you are stacking per stroke as compared to a straight blade without. You just have to use a set and see to REALLY appreciate what they can do. Just do a search for instance, and there are a hundred postws on here that all have about the same reaction....Wow! This many people can't be wrong,...it's a consensus, - meaning everyone thinks the same thing,..and you hear of NO one who comes back and says "Darn,...I wish I hadn't bought those things".
    It is by far the best $180 you can ever spend for your plow. The productivity pays off so quickly that at saving 30% (that's how much more productive they can be - no exageration), they essentially pay for themselves in a night.
    Also, to answer DJ's question about the contact points, the point toward the center of the moldboard, there is a solid steel stud approx. 1" dia. that is welded to the back of the wing that protrudes through the board, then a slightly curved (to match the board) larger square piece of steel goes on and acts as a large washer, and the pin goes through a hole drilled in the stud.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  11. jggarrettllc

Blade without wings

[​IMG]

Plow without wings.jpg

12. jggarrettllc

With wings

[​IMG]

Plow with Wings.jpg

13. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks. I want to build my own wings and design them so they can tilt forward for a scoop or be straight for a longer straight blade. Don't know if I'll be able to make it happen though. Probably just end up going with pro wings. Are you running rubber or poly on the edges of the pro wings? How does it trip if the pro wings hit? Thanks, Nick.

14. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

Anyone put wings on a Poly Curtis? (Homepro 3000)

I like the way the SnoWay Poly blade looks with wings! I have a 7' wide poly curtis, good size for my Tacoma, but sometimes I'd like to add a wing to widen the opening. I wouldn't need to keep on all the time as this might put unnecessarily high force on the Tacoma. Anybody try this? Any Ideas? thanks much

15. Nice pics I am interested in doin the same thing with my SnoWay, good plow but its on a 1/3 ton truck F150 and those wings dont look to be too heavy but you can push alot with them.
    How was it to put the Pro Wings on? Looks like alittle welding of the bracket and the tubing and thats it then pin it on.
    I found the site they are asking $165 plus shipping so im guessin thats where you get the $180 for them.
    These wings designed for the SnoWay or any plow?
    Wouldnt mind putting them on my Western as well considering I dont have the Contractor Grade of Plow. Just the regular Poly Pro with the Ultra mount.
    Thanks
    Matt

16. jggarrettllc

some modifications

They took me a while to figure out but are well worth it payup
    The wings are designed for the meyer plows but thats no problem wesport
    Those are the wings to get but they do require some cutting ( due to the extreme curvature of the blade compared to the meyer)
    Also you will have to extend the pin on the back of the wings(i cut off and welded a new one)
    I have used mine several times without any cracking around the holes i drilled (i have not been gentle) But i am getting the steel moldboard as a backup $162.