1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno way plows ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dmaxman, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Dmaxman

Dmaxman Junior Member

looking at these plows the 29 r series or a 29 hd series didnt know if any one else had a sno way plow hanging on their trucks they are a little lighter and having an 09 chevy 3/4 tone with the dmax thought it would be a good choice let me know what ya think

2. deck2

deck2 Junior Member

Picked up a used Sno-way 32D-8ft same as the 29 just 3 inches taller, Have it on a 06 GMC 3/4ton and love it. It is easy to put on and the wireless control is great, It was a simple install, I was able to put it on myself( I am not a mechanic but do putter in the garage). Also have had excellent support from a local dealer Howe Bros. in Troy, NY (I didn't buy it from them it was a private sale)
    Only have plowed 2 times but it seems to be working great so far.

3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Im on my 2nd snoway ( I think its a HT ) and love it so far. My first did not have down pressure but I can tell you that I wont go with out it anymore. There sounds like there were a few model years that snoway had "issues", but I think the product is headed in the right direction now.

4. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

This is my 5th year on my steel 26 series (well, so far can't really count this year, no snow), and I've pushed this blade a lot harder than Snoways "light commercial use" description. She's holding up very well.

5. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

I have a 22 on my ranger. I love it. The down pressure is uber nice. The brain did go out on my tho. Not bad for being an 11 yr old plow tho. Total repair costs - $532

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I love my 29R and so do my customers. I went from a Vee blade to a 29R and I love it. check my facebook page for pictures.

7. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

The years weren't even the problem, it was the mega series that had issues. I have one of the ones with the "issues", the mega blade revolution, and a 29 of the same year. The 29 is awesome and has plowed flawlessly for 3years now and still looks new. Awesome controllers as well.

As for the issues with the mega rev.... In a long, drawn out PITA way, they've fixed all the problems except the lift cylinder being too small. Last year they gave me a complete new plow. I just had a larger cylinder built to replace the stock one.

8. mach6353

mach6353 Junior Member
    from iowa

Added 29R to fleet this year because of weight ,compared to vee plow .Finally been snowing some and love the plow .Pushes a lot more snow than our 9' Boss plows ,and see a lot less snow spilling off the sides.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

10. smenchhofer

smenchhofer Junior Member
    from in

We traded our two Hiniker scoop plows in on two new 29r plows. The Snoway plows carry and hold much more snow than the scoops. The controllers kind of suck on the Snoways, but they definitely work for us.

11. smenchhofer

from in

We traded our two Hiniker scoop plows in on two new 29r plows. The Snoway plows carry and hold much more snow than the scoops. The controllers kind of suck on the Snoways, but they definitely work for us.

12. terrain1

terrain1 Junior Member

I run a 29 with sno way 9" scoop wings and love it. No issues at all and mounting is easy. If I could do it over I would go with the 29r though the hydraulic wings would be nice. If you go with the 29hd get the down pressure as I do not think it is standard on the plow.

13. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

The 29 is going to be my next plow. My mower rep had one and I fell in love with it. Love the wire less. And the wings. I hope they have asale on them this year like they did in Nov.

I love my Z

14. smenchhofer

from in

We have had nothing but trouble with the wireless remotes. We lose signal, the plow does not operate, or it takes several movements for the plow to work. When they get cold, they do not work either. It all sounds like a good idea but in our case we are going back to the wired remotes. Much more reliable.

15. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

This answers my biggest question. I think I'd rather be tethered with a controller then be wireless. My cell phone drops calls at times. You'd think it would be perfected by now. Sometimes technology gets in the way of a already good thing. Technology has also (in my eyes) put the economy in the state it's in now. Man I remember not having the ability to call home when I was out late (30 years ago) and the now wife use to bit.ch up a storm when I'd get home. Then I had to adjust to after getting a cell phone, to calling her to let her know where I was at and what I was doing. LOL Anyway, technology has played a big part in ruining the economy. All but forcing itself on us then having to have the latest gadgets causes us to spend money on something we really could still do without. When you don't have it, everyone thinks you're living in the past. hahaha

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Gray controls or yellow controls.

17. jrunner01

jrunner01 Member

Gray Controls... why does it matter? I have seen a few times where it didn't do what I asked it to do so I can relate to the other post.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  18. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9' ht on my cabover and a 29 on my dmax (both pictured). Sno ways work out great for me. Good reliable plows that get the job done without killing your front end!

19. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

What kind of batteries are you using?

20. jrunner01

jrunner01 Member

Usually Duracell or Energizers.