1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Way Plow ?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bh115577, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

I picked up a Sno Way plow for almost nothing. It is either a 24 or a 25 with everything needed to fit on my truck but don't have any experience with this brand. It is really clean with hardly any rust and no visible damage. Is there anything I should look out for, typical problems or troubles? Thanks.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get a manual from the Sno-Way site and just check it over.
    Change and re-fill the fluid.
    Congrats on the plow.
    Post some pictures too.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes---DO NOT go anywhere near that lexan moldboard with brake cleaner or benzene.You will dissolve it.I was as careful as I could be, cleaning up a gooey mess on the A frame and just a little over spray put a hole in her.Other than that,that 8' with down pressure was great.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great tip, polycarbonate is not fond of any petroleum based fluid either.

6. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Thanks guys,
    This plow has a steel moldboard so maybe I have the model number wrong. I got the plow this spring from a local golf course that just wanted to get rid of it. I only paid $40.00 for the whole set up ( YES $40.00) and it came off the same truck I have. (2000 dodge 2500 diesel) I got the manuals off the snow way web site and put it in the garage. It will be coming out soon. I work for a large resort in central NY and we use all fisher plows here so my experience with snow way is next to nothing. Thanks again for the input.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway makes a steel moldboard in the 24/25 series. A majority of them are poly.

8. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I still miss the snow way i had, best plow i ever owned (least problems). My blizzard is a close second. Should be a nice plow for what you paid for it. Just watch your trans, that may be more head aches than the plow!!! Good luck:dizzy:

9. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

What a steal (deal, lol). Welcome to the Sno-Way family.

10. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Plowtoy,
    I had the trans built at 200,000 miles with all of the weak links changed out to better aftermarket fixes. 35,000 tough miles on it now and still better than new.

11. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

The only reason i say that is because my brother in-law has the same truck with 170k on it and is on trans #5, but unlike you; he has never had any aftermarket upgrades done. Ive heard that if the trans is done right with billet parts they are much tougher. I'm sure you will be fine.

12. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Plowtoy,
    I was told at the shop that almost no one gets 200,000 miles out of that trans. I bought the truck with 50,000 on it and I serviced it with only amsoil synthetic fluid every 30,000 miles. I would recommend that oil to anyone. I'm certain that is the reason for the high milage.

13. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Welcome the Sno-Way club.
    What resort do you work at ? (Turning Stone ?)

:waving:

14. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

ondagawood,
    That's the place. I'm the equipment manager for the golf courses and the grounds department. I see your local, how do you like your duramax?

15. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Your right, the amsoil is good stuff, Just a bit hard to find around here, used to have a friend who sold it but now i dont see him much so i switched to mobil one, it seems to work just as well.

16. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Love it, its awesome. I'll never go back to a gas truck. :cool:

17. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

I am now in the process of installing the plow on my truck. Looks like it will be an easy install. Checked the numbers and it is a 25. Can anyone recommend a good set of wings for this plow?

18. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think anyone is selling wings for the 25 series. You may have to make some up. I've got a 25 series too. It has been pretty reliable. Lost a pressure switch on the down pressure and can not get it to stop puking fluid out the fill stick. But other than that decent plow. Wish it had some sort of shock absorber when it trips. My truck trips it easy. Prob. need new springs.

19. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

I guess I will have to make some wings then. Thanks for the help.

20. festerw

festerw Senior Member