1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way plow-

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bhmjwp, Feb 27, 2010.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Just pick up a Jeep Cherokee w/MT 80 plow with wired controller. Works great. But, after I turn off truck, I have to un screw controller-then start up truck-then screw in controller for it to work again. I have checked all connectons. The only home made job is a trailer plug connecter was placed at the front of truck for the controller connecter-and the wiring at the hand held controller has been taped. I would assumed a new connecter spliced in. Also does not have the 150 amp fuse at the battery. Have a spare to put on.

Ant suggestions-I'm at a loss here. At least it 40 degrees today-not to bad to work out in.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

what sequence do you use to turn it on? the 5 step or the dp/on/off

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Hello Basher,

I have only tried the Dp/on/off. I guess I've not owned a Sno-Way old enough to be the 5 step.

The s/n is MTD 200866. But w/the taping of the end of the controller-may indicate an newer 3 way plug-but older remote?

I have written Sno-way, to conceder joining back up w/Plowsite, I understand why they left,
    but miss that section-especially for searches. Maybe they will come back-and some guy's on here will calm down.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Most (if not all) of the 5 step controllers had a picture of a wolf on them. Try on/off, up, down, down pressure, on/off. They only used that start up for the first year of the SMO-1 pumps.

5. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Thank you Basher. What do you know-a wolf on the front. Put in the new sequence and worked fine. I can't believe the previous owner used it like the for 5 yrs. He assumed a relay or such was burned out.

On a second note-the cutting edge is a hard, dark gray solid material. Never have used this before-have used poly, and was not impressed in its ability to scrape. I will try this one and see how it does. Any opinions on these?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great for everything but hard pack ice. Wear forever. keep your work pre-treated and avoid heavy ice build up and you'll love it. Will not harm pavers or sealed concrete/black top.

You can upgrade your control with a 2 step back lit unit with no other changes, so when the one you have bites the bullet that's what you'll get as a replacement:nod: