1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way plow on 2001 f150?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by pun299, Dec 6, 2009.

1. pun299

pun299 Junior Member

Do any of you guys have a sno-way on you ford f150's. I have a 2001 ford f150 ext cab long bed and I was thinking of putting a plow on it. I have a uni mount setup for my truck but I have not put it on because it is alot more weight than I would feel comfortable with on my truck. I plow for a friend of mine in his truck and he pays me good enough that I dont even want to use my truck on his accounts. However I do have driveways that I can do but most of the time have my another friend who is in town take car of them for me and I have some other stuff that I could do as well. I currently came across a complete setup for my truck. Its a 7ft 6 inch predator with the metal blade. I was wondering if you guys would recommend this plow. I would like to put a setup on so I can just do these myself once I am done working for my friend. How does the truck handle this type of plow, and will I have to do any upgrades to my suspension?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That would be an excellent choice for that truck.
  3. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

2005 f150 with a sno way mt series on it

i have a 2005 f150 with a 7'6" mt series plow on it and it is great. all i put into it is a leveling kit and a second battery. but last year it did do fine with a single battery. the second battery just adds a little more power to the truck. I'D SAY THE PLOW YOU ARE LOOKING AT AND THAT TRUCK WOULD BE A GOOD MATCH.:)
  4. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

i have had the same 7'6 sno-way on six f-150 over the years. everytime i trade i remount the plow on the new truck. they all have been extended cab 6.5 box. the truck is always stock, i make no alterations at all for the plow and have never, not once, not even a bad feeling about the truck handeling it. i just orederd a 2010 and this 15 plus year old plow is going on the new truck. do it and don't look back you'll never regret it. the truck handles it fine.