1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno way plow no life

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jroch10380, Dec 4, 2012.

1. jroch10380

jroch10380 Junior Member
    from Meriden

Put new receiver and solenoid , still no controller seeing the signal or sending any,doesn't light up at all. Checked the pressure switch , has closed contacts. checked wires, seams they are ok too,the only thing is the controller. I have two so I would not think both are NG. Looking for someone in my aera that has one I could try. Could there be a code for the older ones to reprogram.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

First what model is your plow?
  3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I also learned that if the connections for the controller are not clean and making good contact, they wont allow for the 5V to go through. I had to change out the connection at the truck/plow and used a flat 4 trailer wire for a long time, only to have problems with my plow powering up last year. I talked to Basher and he lead me in the right direction. I installed a new connector this year and it has fired up first try every time.
  4. jroch10380

jroch10380 Junior Member
    from Meriden

Sno way no life

Found out that there is a code for the older handhelds .(on/up/dn/dp/on).Dealer forgot or didn't know, Had to call sno way tech and he helped me out. It's an older 22 series.Wolf on controller(gray).I may have had a good receiver ,Now I have a spare. Thanks for all the help. Now I can fab the mount for the wrangler, peice of cake there.Just something to pass along for someone with the same problem.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012