1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno way plow motor runs

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 2100aaron, Jan 7, 2014.

1. 2100aaron

2100aaron Junior Member
    from 46118

I was plowing and the plow would not respond so I was able to pull it into the shop. I noticed the solenoid relay was shot so I replaced it with a new one today (S.A.M. NO 1306310). The plow started working but the motor continuously runs. I have changed around the wires, removed the jumper wire provided in the kit, and nothing works to stop the pump motor from running all the time. Does anyone have any idea why the pump motor runs all the time?
  2. Danlevan

Danlevan Junior Member
    from Alaska

Western cable units use a ground activated relay, looks the same as yours but your original relay was probably activated with positive current, that or the contacts stuck in the relay

Just a guess, hope this helps
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

that part number is a Western Cable control relay, you need to change it for the proper one.

you need sam part 1303585 or OEM part# 96002086.