1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way plow lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mylawn03, Nov 9, 2003.

1. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

This is my first year with my own plow-truck...so bare with me...

I have a 95 Ford F-150 with a 7'6" snow way plow...the place I bought it from said I didn't need lights because the mouldboard was clear Lexan... but I'm wondering that if after plowing a few customers will the plow become covered with snow and block my truck lights?
  2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

might want to post this in the plowing forum, yess you will need lights
  3. kdbtsb

kdbtsb Junior Member
    from 21801

I have had a clear plow for 5 years and can tell you I would not be without lights! Extra lights over top of your plow! I plow with truck head lights off! You get to much glare off back of plow from truck headlights! At 3 you will love those lights!
  4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

welcome to the site, get the lights, you can thank the experienced guys later..... where in Detroit you located ??
  5. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

I have a 3 inch body lift that takes the headlights over the top of the plow so I quit using the plow lights last year and took them off this year. I would agree that the glare from the lexan mold board would be a pain. FYI the back of my mold board is flat black so that may help in my situation.