1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno way plow help! :realmad:

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by zevychevy, Nov 9, 2011.

1. zevychevy

zevychevy Member

tryin to get ready for the snow whenever it gets here in ohio and cant get my wireless remote for the 26 series plow to work inside the cab. i pretty much have to stand on top of the plow console to get it to work while its hooked up to the truck. tried switching to new batters, tried many other brands of batteries and nothing. any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. :realmad: :mechanic:

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What kind of batteries? Energizers do make a difference.

What truck?

Which controller the gray one or the yellow one?

3. zevychevy

zevychevy Member

have tried several different energizer batteries with barely any help. it helps for a little bit inside the truck then nothing. have even tried turning the controller off and on and same thing, works for a little then stops.

old gray controller and dont really have the money for the new yellow controller. want one but can't afford it.

03 chevy 2500

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try the other end. Check the connections on the receiver ground and power. clean the fuses in the fuse holder, use a little dielectric on the connections. check the connector between the harness and the receiver. How old is the unit?

5. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

This happend to me once and it ended up being the controller board on the plow (seeing as mine was an MT90, a few years of use!) Basher hooked it up in the middle of a freaking storm!

6. zevychevy

zevychevy Member

no idea how old the unit is. got the 03 chevy used from a dealer and came with the plow. found paperwork on the plow and it was bought brand new and installed on the truck in 03. anything past that i have no idea.

ill be in the garage in a few to start checking wires and stuff.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It could be tired:nod:

8. zevychevy

zevychevy Member

thats what im starting to think, altho i just went and bought more energizer batteries. the regular max dont really help much but the advanced lithium work even more. and found that i can set the controller on top of the dash and hold along door and work no problem, but now the black 12v conti solenoid(i think) starts clicking and doesn't move the plow, and with that comes a whining noise from the black box that the wireless controller antenna pokes out of...:confused: basher??

*edit- its more of a quick buzz comes from the black box.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not enough power to operate properly. Try cleaning the contacts and replace the 12volt motor solenoid

10. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Are the prongs on the receiver facing the plow? They should be facing the cab.

11. zevychevy

zevychevy Member

the prongs to program in another controller?? they are facing the blade. can i get a confirmation on them supposed to be facing the cab bc if i flip it, the white wire, the wireless receiving wire, will be facing the ground if i flip the reciever box so those prongs are facing the cab...

can someone give me a link on how to run dual batteries. searched everywhere on here and can't seem to find it.

also a recommendation on what size alternator to run because i want to upgrade that also cuz it jumps the needle pretty good. trucks an 03 chevy 2500 hd

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

turn it so the antenna is towards the truck.

13. zevychevy

zevychevy Member

fixed the problem. extended the antenna wire leading from the box to the top of the light bar and can run the plow from across the street and thats atleast 30 feet away when i couldn't run it from the back of the truck. gonna do some more test like street driving and stuff cuz got it working in the garage and had stuff to do. so well see how it holds up.

nothing else seems to be a problem, gonna replace a few things to be on the safe side and should be good to go.