1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way plow for '90 Ranger

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by uss_essess, Sep 22, 2007.

1. uss_essess

uss_essess Junior Member

I am buying a 1990 Ford Ranger with small (~3") lift mostly for the purpose of hauling around my snowblower. I would like to add a sno-way plow sometime down the road as well. The website lists the ST model as the only choice, but I would much rather go with the '22 series'. Is there any way to adapt the '22 series' to the truck, and how will the lift affect my ability to use a plow?
  2. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

I am not sure of the diff. between your truck and mine but I have a 22 on my 2001 and it is a great fit for the truck. Maybe it is just lack of mounts\wiring for your ride. Good luck!!
  3. fulautojim

fulautojim Junior Member

st series

i believe one replaced the other same model with improvements:gunsfiring:
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 22 replaced the ST, They not only don't make a 22 mount for your truck but they no longer make a mount. Unless a dealer has one in inventory you're S.O.L. because the *** on either side of the mount number means "for reference only, mount no longer available from the factory."

If you do find a mount the lift kit may require that you modify it to get proper pin centers.

I will check the dealer network to see if there are any on the list and let you know. If there is yu should buy it now whither you are ready or not because I doubt they will make another run of those mounts as the truck is 17 years old and the demand is minimal.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have the mount if you're interested