1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way plow and Buyers Spreader on Craigs?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by snow4me, Nov 20, 2008.

1. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/pts/922087528.html

Can anyone help me out with an educated guess as to the model plow this is and if it's new old stock or a current Snoway model? If this really is new equipment it looks like a real good deal, any opinions?

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

this is an mt snoway old style... what kind of truck is this going on?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Looks like it has a poly wearedge.

4. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

it is at least 6 year old because of the 3 point mount. Also know it is not the bracket for a GM IFS truck. Others will help more soon.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  5. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

Interesting the guy selling it just called me back and it sounds like he's full of it. Says his buddy bought it in the spring of this year somewhere downstate Illinois and it's brand new so he claims it's either 07 or 08 model and the subframe he claims is for a Ford Bronco. He's calling me tomorrow with model and serial numbers off the plow and spreader. He says his buddy bought the plow and spreader installed for $6,200. Neither was used and now he's asking $3,850 for it. What do you guys thing it's worth if it's an older model? It looks like a 26x7.5 blade so is this too big to put on a 2000 Cherokee Sport? He claims that the correct subrame mount sells for $225?

6. snow4me

snow4me Senior Member

Are you sure it's an older model? This guy sounds like a italian mob guy so maybe it fell of a truck a few years back... He claims the receipt he's got shows it was bought in 10/07 and he's positive it's a newer model. I told him what you said about it being at least 6 years old and he got real defensive.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could be looking at new "old' inventory. It's quite possible that he bought it new last year. The factory had them in stock as recently as two years ago.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I highly doubt you will get the correct mount that cheap. Unless someone has one laying around they want out of their way.