1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNO-WAY parts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by schwarry, Dec 16, 2003.

1. schwarry

schwarry Junior Member

I have a sno-way plow with a bad downforce solenoid.
    This is a part that the dealer told me was $145.
    Is there any aftermarket or other places to get sno-way parts?
  2. tacraven

tacraven Junior Member

If your snoway has a Fenner pump there is another market that uses them. The cars that hop, like the ones in California use Fenner pumps because of their reliability. The solenoids are the same as some of the ones in the snoway. As for the dp solenoid, that might be difficult to find. It looks to be a custom part, but that might not be the case. Check out the web and search fo a large company that outfits cars with these hydraulic systems. A shop in Kentucky does a lot of business. I cannot remember the name offhand.

If you have any luck, please email me at thomas_craven@hotmail.com

I know they would sell solenoids, pumps, motors and seals for better prices than a snoway dealer.
  3. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Call Randy Brown at Complete Hydraulics (SnoWay's largest dealer) He stocks the part and should beat the price.

4. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I'm not sure if you would want to go with an aftermarket part, since Sno-Way is the only plow that I know of with that kind of solenoid, getting something that isn't an exact match might cause problems. I would just buy the part from the dealer. You'll pay a little more, but at least you know it will work.

Does anyone know where I can buy a Sno-Way controller? The wiring in mine is startin to act up.
  5. Hey mylawn depending on where you live, try lookin at JCL Snow Plows in Clinton Township, Theiser Equipment in South Lyon, or Bamco Mobile Hitch in Ann Arbor. I got alot of my stuff from Theiser and I get a new controller cable from Bamco. Bamco I think may be a little on the pricy side so try Theiser first. Talk to Jim, he's the owner.

Let me know where ya got it and wacha paid if ya don't mind. ;)
  6. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Thanks! Picked up the new wireless controller yesterday! :drinkup: