1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way paint

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BAYLOGGER, Mar 22, 2005.

1. BAYLOGGER

BAYLOGGER Junior Member

Has anyone had any issues with the paint on their snoway plows? If yes, what have you done about it? I just purchased my plow new in November 2004 and the paint is chipping off in fairly large pieces. I only plow the lot at work (5 docks and a 40 car parking lot)and a couple of residential drives and always clean the plow and truck throughly after a storm. It just seems that the plow should not be in this bad of shape. Being a residential painting contractor, it looks like there was a contaminate of some sorts on the plow when they painted it. At this point I think I am going to attempt to contact someone at Snoway.

2. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Contact your dealer,snoway is a great company to do business with, they will take care of you. Other than the paint,how do you like the plow? The reason i ask is i'm a huge fan of snoway and i endorse them every chance i get!

3. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

I assume you are having trouble with the frame paint, which is a powder coat finish.

Contact the dealer and SnoWay and see what they say. We have always used semi gloss polyurethane paint to touch up our frames with great success.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think snoway does a real good job on the paint. I'd follow pbeering's advice and touch it up yourself. I think the salt really does a job on the powder coat. Who knows what snoway will say. I bought my plow used and did a lot of repainting when I got it. Last year I bought an old brand new blade that had never been used and was just sitting at the dealers. It was sitting outside on top of a truck trailer. My guess is it was 2-3 years old. Paint was already peeling from it in spots.

5. BAYLOGGER

BAYLOGGER Junior Member

Other than the paint problem, I do really like the plow. This is my first year plowing and I did quite a bit of research before buying it. They have some really great ideas (down pressure, wireless remote, etc.) and the supplier is close by. As I said in the original thread, I am a painter and I found that Sherwin Williams has a new DTM waterbased epoxy that is used in Marine and Offshore applications. So I am going to check into using this.

Thanks to all for your response.

6. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

I have had some bare spots show up on my 29 series plow. I just touch it up. Just wirte brush it, sand it, prime the area and paint it with a good lacquer paint.