1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way or other lighter weight plow for 1/2 ton?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 00 Ram, Nov 11, 2004.

1. 00 Ram

00 Ram Senior Member

got a 1/2 ton quad cab, and I'm thinking about putting a plow on it, just for my own driveway (which is 500' long, winding, gravel road). I'm a bit concerned, though, as Dodge doesn't recommend plowing on any half ton...qc in particular. what do you think? bad idea?

I've plowed commercially in the past. I used to have a dakota w/ a 6.5 foot fisher plow...did an unbelievable job for such a small truck. better than the big 1-tons I used to drive for a contractor. I sold it when I bought the new truck. I figured it just wasn't worth it to put a plow on it, so I've been paying someone else to do my driveway. well, they do a lousy job, make a terrible mess w/ these huge 8' plows, and I'm not so certain that I'm saving anything. so now that the truck is a bit older, and its shine has worn off a bit.... :rolleyes: still...I don't want to wreck it.

2. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Sure you can plow with it! I always Recommend Fisher Plows, they have always been good to me! Fisher makes a VERY nice Light Duty plow especially for a 1/2 ton in either a 6'9" or a 7'6" lengths. So check out this Site and see what you think! http://www.fisherplows.com/models.asp?model=ld