1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way on 2010 Dodge Ram 3500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by riverwalkland, Nov 2, 2010.

1. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I was looking to pick up a sno-way 'mega' v-plow for my 2010 ram 3500 SRW crew cab laramie and it says on the sno-way site that it will not fit. I was just wondering since i can't seem to find a sno-way forum anymore, if this means it will not fit no matter what or it just won't fit without a little custom tinkering. Thanks - RWL

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

It probably won't fit because it would overload the front axel. I doubt that it won't fit, they just won't install one for fear of being sued down the road.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm quessing you have a diesel? The plow/truck combo exceeds the front axle weight rating or the FVMSSA 105 brake certifacion limits one of the two. The mount will fit, if you had a gasser it would be a approved fit.

4. mscincbus

mscincbus Junior Member

I agree with the others, I'd most likely get a better truck. Dodge transmissions are know for problems as well.

5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Never had a problem with the tranny on any of the 3 Dodges I've owned...

6. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

If you want it, pit it on, and add a lot of balast you will be fine

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

When's the last time you owned a dodge? All the trucks have crappy trans

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm trying to figure out who he is agreeing with.:confused:

9. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

you will not likely have a problem out of the new transmission they are built way better then the 48re and the 47re every where. As far as goes the front end i would say it will fit just over the limit it would then matter how good you now the service writters at your dealership if you know them pretty good i dount they will not warranty anything if it goes wrong anyways and i personally think you will be fine.

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Gotta love people who base their "facts" on the 90's...

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or something that happened to their brother's neighbor's's wife's third grade teacher's mother's dentist.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, John....he's a nice guy or so my buddy's sisters boyfriends brother inlaws uncle's barbers friends nieces college roomate told me. prsport

13. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Yeah I just spent like 50+ thousand dollars on this truck, I am not going to go 'get a better truck' but thanks for your input. Also this is a 2010 which is completely redesigned and I got one of the first ones made so i doubt you have sufficient information to tell me that my truck and it's transmission is a piece of junk. They haven't even been out long enough for you to know if they are no good. I did find out today that it is a weight issue. I am going to have timbrens put in, and we will see how things work out. Thanks for everyone's input.

14. jackal1028

jackal1028 Junior Member

How about some pics of that new dodge:)

15. App SnowRemoval

App SnowRemoval Junior Member
    from Boone

i use to work at a dodge dealership those 68re are awesome so much better then the 48re. I love the new trucks they had a little bit of turbo trouble when they first came out with the 6.7 but i think they have got those problems with it pretty much resolved. You will enjoy your new truck and have no problem pushing snow thats for sure.

16. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

just do it

17. SGC08

SGC08 Member

I pushed a Sno-way Mega Revolution for the past two years with my 2008 Ram 3500. I don't think it was approved for a plow either for the same reasons Basher listed. I'm not telling you to exceed the mfg ratings but the suspension handled it fine and it stopped fine, even without Timbrens. I have a two yard spreader in the bed for ballast.

It did contribute to the demise of the 68RFE though. But that could have something to do with scooping tons of deep snow and having the Smarty tuner set for an extra 120hp at the wheels.

When the truck was stock, the trans seemed to be holding fine. I can't remember ever seeing temps above 160 which means the leads me to believe it was doing fine.