1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way Not Going Down All the Way!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nicktw25, Feb 11, 2015.

1. nicktw25

nicktw25 Member
    from Woods

Hello,

I have a Sno-Way plow that I bought new at the beginning of the season. I had the dealer put it on. I noticed on the first snow we got, when the blade is fully angled left/right, it was leaving quite a bit of snow left. So I got out of the truck to look and the blade sits off the ground almost an inch when fully angled.
    The whole blade isn't off the ground, just quarter of the blade on the opposite end its angled.

I took it to my dealer and they lowered the bracket on the truck. It still does it. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Is the chain tight still when the ram is all the way down?

3. nicktw25

nicktw25 Member
    from Woods

There are no lift chains on the plow. Kind of wish they did have them, that would be an easy fix!

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your right. I'm thinking snow dogg.

5. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Is the truck front end level from left to right?

6. nicktw25

nicktw25 Member
    from Woods

Yes, the truck is level. It does it if I go both left or right. So I wouldn't think the truck being level has anything to do with it. Maybe drop the plow bracket on the truck down another notch?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Aframe need to set level with the truck in plowing condition. the cups centers need to be 8 to 10 inches off the ground. Remember to set this height with all your counter weight etc. installed as if you were ready to plow.

From the installation manual http://www.snoway.com/cm/pdfs/service/97101721C.pdf page 5

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  8. nicktw25

nicktw25 Member
    from Woods

Just checked and it's 9.5 inches off the ground, so maybe lower it to 9 inches?