1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way MTD 7'6"

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tcouto9216, Jan 13, 2009.

1. tcouto9216

tcouto9216 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Mounted a 2003 Sno-way MTD 7'6" plow today on my 89 Chevy 1500. Everything works as it should aside from lowering the blade there is no resistance, slams to the ground. I am using a wireless controller and have not reprogrammed yet. Any help?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That unit has a .097 orficie factory installed, you can change it for a smaller one and slow the drop if you wish.

3. tcouto9216

tcouto9216 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks Basher. Is the slamming drop typical of a Sno-way? One other question - Timbrens or tightening torsion bars or both? I have about a 2" drop with the plow in the air and the tires are squatting some. I know I will have to weight the bed to offset as well. The plow weighs around 475lbs, adding around 400lbs to the bed. Sound right? Thanks again.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Your truck's rear axle already had less weight on it then the front axle. Try like 600/700 lbs. Get the rear and front riding about the same height when the plow is in the air. Maybe a little less if you find your front end pushing out of the pile. What load rate tires are on your truck? run the air pressure up near the the top of the range.

5. tcouto9216

tcouto9216 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks again Basher. I'll have to get back to you on the load rate of the tires.
    My email address is trcouto@roadrunner.com
    What price range is the kit to slow the drop.