1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno way mt series plow angles when pushing snow

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by treesnsnow, Dec 10, 2009.

1. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

hello,
    i have a mt series plow 7'6" and i was plowing tonight and i was using the right side of the plow to push snow and the plow gave way and angled to the right. yes it was some of the hard packed snow, but not enough to make me think the plow should give to one side, my western i used to have did this as well and i know they are built to do this but not this easy. i did try the left side and it does the same thing. i was wondering if there was a pressure sensor or something else that i should ck or change?? or is this normal. just askign so if there is a problem i can get it fixed since the season is just starting.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like the cross over relief is soft, throw a pressure gage to it and make sure its set at 2400PSI

3. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

basher or anyone else that knows how do i adjust the pressure on the crossover relief valve on my MT series plow

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

ok basher i found the valve and yes i can adjust it but either is there a certian way to set the valve with out using a pressure guage???? i mean i turned the adjustment screw a little way about a half of a turn and the blade feels a lot better but i dont want to over do it either..

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you need a gage. Snoway sells a kit that includes a gage and all the fittings fairly cheap.