1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno way mt on f 150

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by BKFC255, Oct 8, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Well i got my sw installed yesterday looks great truck handled it like it was not there and i only have the 3750 front end. I got about a inch of drop in the front . My question is it is way to low how high a lift do i need to put my truck. I will be running about 400 to 500 lbs ballast in the arse of the truck. 2" or 2.5" lift?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Congrats on your purchase. When you say that the truck is sitting to low, how much clearance do you have to the center of the bottom mounting holes for the plows subframe? 9 to 11 inches was considered optimal for this application. Do you have any pix that you can put up here? While you're at it how about a pic of the plow on the truck too :D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's not real until we see pictures.:nod:

4. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

here are a couple pics she looks good. when i checked to the center of the bottom holes i get 9.5" which is right. my concern is when i have the plow in the up postion i have only 3.5 inches from ground to the bottom of the mount.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Throw 500 lbs of traction gaining ballest in the back. that will help. Did you add timbrens?

6. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

not yet i figured thats what i was going to do until i saw how low and thought maybe lift was the way to go. i am going to add the ballast will that raise the front end up enough?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Maybe, but won't be enough for driving. The front end will be soft over bumps. It'll feel like the rear when it's heavily loaded

8. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Do you think i should put the lift in or timbrens in ? Has anyone else you the spacers to lift the front end?

9. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

pic of the truck

to basher and toby4492, I just remeasured the mount i had it on a level surface i get only 8.5" to the center of the bottom holes on the mount. i think i am going to need to put in a 2.5" body lift on the front end that will put me at 11" is that going to be hard to mount the plow or will everything mount up okay. i have no way of raising the mount itself. is it because of the 3750 front end it has the 7200 gvwr it does sit pretty high in the back. i measured the height of the rear wheelwell and get 38" and have 35.5" in the front. so with the lift and ballast the truck will set dead level.

10. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

on all my f150 i use a 2 1/2" lift spacer that goes between the upper part of the spring and upper control arm. the truck sits perfectly level when unloaded and at the proper height when the plow is on. there is no differance in the ride or handling. the spacer is a breeze to put in, about 30-45 mins the first time and faster when you know what your doing. i get them off e-bay for about $115 shipped from a seller called sprngbender. there are quite a few of these types out there but they say to use the steel ones and not the aluminum ones. i have had nothing but good luck with them and highly recommend to anyone ho wants to get rid of the front end dive ford does and use a plow on the truck. Here's some pictures so you can see the differance. 1st picture is before lift 2nd is after lift 3rd is front wheelwell before and 4th is front wheelwell after. Good Luck

BeforeLift.jpg

AfterLift.jpg

frontBeforeLift.jpg

FrontAfterLift.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  11. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

thanks jjcc246,
    i ordering them tonight or in the morning. here is the link

not a bad price.