1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Way mount for 2005 chevy

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by snoway09, Jan 13, 2009.

1. snoway09

snoway09 Junior Member

This one's for the Sno Way Man.
    I just bought a used Sno Way plow, 90" long and 24" tall, perfect, I think, for some light residential use on a 2005 Chevy 1500 Crew Cab.
    The plow serial # is 90C108050. The plow frame serial # is 24D106027. It is a THREE pin mounting system. I am unable to find a serial # on the sub frame that came with the plow, but I believe that it came off of a Jeep Wrangler. My questions are these:
    -Where can I find the serial # on the subframe, or how can I find out for sure what truck this will fit? Can I trade it in on a new or used one that will fit my truck? If I can find out what truck(s) it will fit, I can probably sell it outright for more $. Or better yet, it may already be a fit for my truck.
    -What is the model(s) or serial # that I need to mount the plow to my 2005 Chevy?
    -What should I expect to pay for a new one, and how much for a used one?
    -What other makes and models and years will the proper sub frame for my truck be compatible with?
    -If the truck my plow came off of was in fact a Jeep Wrangler, will the controller harness be sufficient for my truck, lengthwise?

I think that's all for now, but being a newbie I'm sure I'll have many more questions for you.Thank you in advance for your advice and your trouble. It sure would be of great help to me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite and thanks for choosing Sno-Way. We appreciate your business.

3. snoway09

snoway09 Junior Member

Tom, thank you so much. I'm sure you will be hearing from me again!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

This would be an excellent fix for your vehicle.

Post the picture of the existing mount, there is a great demand for certain three pin Jeep mounts