1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way MegaBlade Revolution Hydraulics

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by toby4492, Sep 8, 2008.

1. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Damn, now that seems fast.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I LOVE that plow!!! Those hydraulics are quick wesport

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

quit acting like its the 1st time youve seen it :dizzy: you should apply for a job at snoway for the amount of time you spend pumping their products :D

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Says a man who uses his truck/plow choice in his name:jester::D

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

jealous...:rolleyes:

7. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it's fast, but it seems like a hard drop! Is there a small screw to adjust pressure flow for hydraulics? :)

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I tried telling Tom and Dave the other day that it's called a quill but they wouldn't listen :realmad:

:D

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

not until SD is in ur name:cool:

10. toby4492

The drop speed does not have an adjustment screw. Ours is controlled by an orifice that is in the valve block. We have found that most commercial operators prefer things to happen quickly. We have available an orifice kit that can be purchased to slow the unit down if that is what you would prefer.

Quills are part of a porcupine :D

11. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

There something very wrong with the name of that kit:dizzy::dizzy:

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wasn't aware of that.. :mad:

13. toby4492

Takes a couple minutes to change out Mike. Remove a cap then unscrew the orifice and replace with a smaller one.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I get few complants about drop speed. Occasioally we'll slow one down for a driveway guy who is worried about waking their customer. Then they run DP all night:D

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Understand Tom, but it greatly limits your drop choices as far as fine adjustments..

And the more wing weight you add or remove with the pin on wings, the faster or slower it's going to drop. And you have only two settings to compensate for it since you only have two settings, slow...and guillotine. :help:

I'm sure guys that already run the V's (any brand) notice that the V's drop faster the farther the wings are out, and slower as the wings are closer to the truck for a given drop setting. At least with a threaded adjustment screw you can "fine tune" it to find the best of both worlds for both positions...can't do that with a single orifice pill change.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's a kit with various sizes

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So it adds additional time to the pre-delivery check list?

Customer is there to pick the truck up after the plow install and your changing pills until you find the one he likes?

Seems like a step backwards for the installer end of it. :eek:

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'd not object to a quill, but it hasn't been an issue. So many guys run DP 24/7 so to speak it's kinda a moot point.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I do agree Mike, we have bought farm implements that tell us to keep drilling out our orfiice untill we get desired flow, what a PITA. Lets wait and see what these new blades are like though, if that's the biggest problem I have, I'll be happy. Plus you guys don't have anything better to do then play with an orfice. (smiley face) ( toasting beer)

20. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

you know i like mine to slam to the ground, breaking up ice, but on drive ways, its not good, i almost wish there were two different drop quills, high and low speed

y does the DP, matter... on the drop speed? there should still be an adjustment, even with the DP on?

you know ill be honest.... i like the hock up alot, sinlge lever... slick

i saw the back side of the REVOL. i didnt know that it used return springs? personally, i dont like the idea, never have, they do work, but id rather see double acting hydros do it all... you dont see "springs" on excavators...its all hydro

seemed fast... in some cases too fast on the wings to control? are they preset to "snap to a poistion? or do you have to hold the button till it gets were you want it?

seemed very noisy... i never heard a western makign clanking when it moves.....at least not that much... shouldnt effect preformance, just seems liek it needs rubber stop blocks, or somthingh

the raise speed, seemed? ummm, well i wasnt im pressed with it... might be the Video, but seemed like the pump/motor was kinda "working" hard to get the plow up... i dont remember if the truck was running or not... - that could be

the hydros on the V, dont really move at the same speed, im not sure if they were desinged too or not, but i was more impressed when i saw westerns MVP plus, how both wings moved almost acactly as one unit... i think fluid from one wing, might be transfered to the other wing? to make it work? im not sure exactly, just seemed to work well, what ever they did

just my thoughts...

i wish i could see more of those wings... did you have different ones? i would like to see more , as alot of ppl have not seen this in person still