1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Way MagaBlade Revolution

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by W.F.D. Plower, Feb 8, 2010.

1. W.F.D. Plower

W.F.D. Plower Member

Has anyone here used the megablade revolution plow, or know of anyone using these plows? I was wondering how they work, I want to upgrade and put one on my F350. They look like they can move a lot of snow. Why is there no Sno Way forum here in the equipment section? I am currently using an older western 8' and I'm torn between a V plow and these megablades.

2. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

They had MAJOR issues when they were released, Most issues have been looked after so I am told, you would be safer to go with the Western Wide-Out if you want an expandable type plow or if a V-plow will suit either the Boss power vee or Western MVPP.
    PM if you want more info.

3. W.F.D. Plower

W.F.D. Plower Member

Thanks, I have been checking out the wide-out also.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If you look around on here it seems that everyone who has one isn't to happy with it.
    TrippleL liked his so much he replaced it with a Boss V plow.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Mark13 is payin attention... I LOVED myn sooo much it was gone after 5 months and countless number of trips back to the dealer... Do a search first, read and read and read somemore and then RUN

6. W.F.D. Plower

W.F.D. Plower Member

lol,thanks guys. The Sno Way dealer is 3min from my house so I thought it would be a good idea to switch. You guys have changed my mind, I'm going to buy a western I think. The closest Boss dealer is one and a half hours away.Western dealer is 20 min.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

wonder how long this thread will last??????

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

All the way until it's closed...

9. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think my dealer ever got a mega series plow in their shop.

10. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

Personally I never trust anything with the word "MEGA" in the title.

Its like a movie title with a number

cept maybe ROCKY,

or TREK.......

:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc

11. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

You really should check into the MegaV and get the expandable wings on it with a sno deflector if you want to move alot of snow and have more versatility. I have a MegaV and its been flawless this year. moves alot of snow and had the ability to be adjusted in the field for your pitch and attack angle combined with the down pressure it scrapes bigtime. My V is very easy to hook up on uneven surfaces which my fisher was not. I do believe anyone that tries the V and puts the Revo out of their mind willl rethink on what Snoway is and what kind of products they do have to offer. Every plow out there will have issues it don't matter what kind. Yes the Revo fell on its face hard but the V is in my mind very very good. It has a few things I wish were better andso do the rest.

12. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

So your plow is working the way it was designed to Kramer?

13. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

all the issues i have heard about with the mega blades have been with the revolution. not the V or the straight blade.

i mean you have to expect problems with something that has winsg that slide out of the track and flip 90 degrees to the moldboard. those are the only problems ive heard about are with the wings on the revolution and it seem everyone that bought one has similar problems with them

14. Triple L

from Canada

the main problem is not with the wings... altho that is a problem

the main problem is the POS cant lift its own weight up off the ground

15. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

really the problems i was hearing about was with the wings i havent heard anyone around here complain of it not picking itself up. but now that you mention it, it makes sense that it cant pick itself up i mean it weights as much as a VW.

16. Triple L

from Canada

wow there gotta be 5 threads on it... I've owned a rev and know it inside and out...

17. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Hydro this season it has bben great, it has froze up due to water in system with last season oil. But realisticly the plow never stopped working or fell apart like the revos did. I plowed 26 drives last season and have 2 big lots this season with 34 drives and 1 drive is 1600ft long then Y's out at the end. I have had little things with the plow that i didn't like but they all have them. I am not here to sell the things I am just saying that my V has not ever left me stranded yet like others have. The problems are mainly with the revolution, thats all I am saying. Last season it plowed over 184" of snow fro the season without any ctastrophic breakdowns. To be honest tho I didn't appreciate wasting SW money in the fixes they made us do because it didn't really change much although after that I can lift in scoop mode full of snow.
    As far as it working the way it was designed, does any of us know how the design is supposed to work lol, it moves alot of snow thats what it was designed to do lol

18. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Not to hi-Jack this thread but The Western wideout and whats that other expandable plow out there? also(now) owned by Douglas Dy. (blizzard?)
    What about that one? I was thinkin' I believe its an 810 model for on my Ram 3500 SRW
    How are the Blizzards?

19. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Fisher XLS also by DD. My brother didnt like it at all.

20. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

I have a 8.5 boss straight blade and after watchin some vids of the snoway mega blade I really want one. it seems like with wings it will hold twice what a wide out or blizzard will. I was told by someone local that supposebly the issues have been resolved. If they have I think im gonna get one but my question is. When they are working do the really move that much snow? It looks like thay do.