1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way lights

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by rpdwyer, Dec 3, 2009.

1. rpdwyer

rpdwyer Member

Hello List.

I have a 24 series with lights. However, the harness and adapters I have are so corroded, that when I took the caps of the ends or tried to clean them up, they just fall apart into nothing. The connectors on the plow lights themselves are solid and just need to be cleaned up. So I figured for this winter, I could simply run some wire between the battery and the lights on the plow with a toggle switch in between.

Do the lights on a 24 series have a low and high beam or just low/ just high?

I jumped the connections on the plow lights and I get the parking/turn lights to light up and I can get the main beam light to light up... it appears to be a low beam light. But the light connector has 4 posts on it so I was not clear on what the 4th electrical post does.

Thanks,
    --Rick

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The plow lights have high and low beam bulbs in them.
    You can run a toggle switch....get a 3 way one.
    1 pos=high
    middle is off
    other pos is low

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you sure there are only 4 connectors on each plug? or are there maybe 4 male 2 female?

4. rpdwyer

rpdwyer Member

Uh yeah, my bad. There are but I didn't see metal inside the females so I thought they were just to hold the plug together. My guess is if I jump those, I will get the high beams.

Why 6 contacts though?

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

1 is a ground

6. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

does anyone know what wires the yellow and brown wire from the wire harness hooks to? I thought it was the marker and turn signal light, but the plow lights aren't working and when you hit the turn signal, the headlight flashes!

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you are right that's where they go. do you have the grounds between the lights connected?

8. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

yeah, they were connected. We switched the wires around and they are working now.