1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way is fixed.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maverick, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

I bought a new 9' Sno-Way HT series plow for my 01' 1 ton dually. I have plowed 3 times so far this winter up here in Alaska. Nice plow. Except the plow would fold over to the side that had alittle bit of pressure. I have wings on my plow and couldn't carry snow because it tripped on me while turning. My dealer finally go the gauges in from Sno-Way and he reset everything. Should be to specs now. We'll see next snow fall. The main pump was only set at 1800psi and was reset to 2100psi. The pressure relief valves where set at 500psi from the factory. They were reset to specs at 1700psi. This is way off. Those of you that have NEW Sno-Way's THIS year I would have the dealer check these out before you get snow. You will hate it if its not set right.

Got my web pics up and running. Will post snow being pushed next snow fall.

2. Sndun

Sndun Member

Is this a concern on the HT Series only or the MT as well?
  3. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Sno-Way is using a new pump and supplier this year. It is different from all other years of Sno-Way plows. I would assume it is with all plows this year. Maybe Bryan can shed some light on the topic.
  4. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

I haven't had any feedback on psi issue. I will check with the factory and get back to you on it. It may be an isolated one. Glad you brought it up, I will follow up.
  5. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Good, let us know.