1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno way hydro leak

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stone74, Dec 10, 2013.

1. stone74

stone74 Member

Hi all, my new plow is leaking hydro fluid already probably about 25 hours on it now. Hose attached to the lift ram and the one right in front of it.
    Not leaking at the nut seems like between the collar and the nut, is there a small oring in there? Can't tighten it as the nut is super tight already.
    Kind of concerned with this as not much use yet and worry that all lines are going to fail.
    Anyone run into this with their plow.

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

I've had problems in the past with bad quality swivel connectors. Not much you can do except replace them.

3. stone74

stone74 Member

Any other kind of quality swivels out there?
    Place here will make you new hoses wonder if better connectors out there?

4. stone74

stone74 Member

Well my installer flew in parts overnight so off to get it all fixed up tomorrow, warranty is awesome.
    Just hope these last longer though.

5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

There is a huge range of quality levels for swivels. The crap ones constantly leak. The middle-of-the-road ones are usually ok for a few years.

And then there's the good ones; http://www.superswivels.com/ -- but they're not cheap.

I've found that the hose-end-swivels are usually acceptable quality. Best option is to get straight hose (no swivels) and screw your swivel onto the end.

6. stone74

stone74 Member

Thanks for the information, appreciate it!