1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way hitch spreader

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bhmjwp, Nov 18, 2008.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Need some help! Mounted up my 6 cu. ft. spreader. Worked fine at end of last season. Have power light on at controller. Have power to the 40 amp circuit breaker. Power to the relay, red & yellow wire. No power to white wire out of relay to back of vehicle connector.
    Bad relay? Or am I missing something. Should I direct wire the motor to check it and rule it out.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Melody.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes, rule out the motor. For all they cost a relay change is a good idea

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

4. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Hello Basher, Thank you for the quick responce-I tried to e-mail you but must not have gone thru. I will test the motor-will call to order the needed parts.
    Thank You, Melody Barber.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I sent you an email. must be in your trash/junk folder. Check the motor first, throw 12 volts at it. Give it a little help if it doesn't spin, sometimes they need a little help first time ouit of the box if they sit too long.