1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way harness diagram

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by itmon, Oct 27, 2006.

1. itmon

itmon Junior Member

I have been looking for a complete breakdown on sno-way light harness. I don't have the number but It came from a one year old STG200000 on a 2002 ford ranger, I am putting it on a 99 S-10 and I know that it will require additional relays, diodes and splicing. Of course talking with sno-way they said it won't work without spending over 180.00 for the correct harness and adapters. I have a good deal of experience with wiring and if need be I could cut the wiring harness, remove the lights and trace out each wire. Without getting into hours of work or spending more money I thought someone might just have the diagram or knowledge I am seeking. If I were to get this info I could and would be willing to post the diagram and parts needed to convert a 2 light harness into a 4 light system. And of course once this is done I could supply the reverse (a four light to a two light system)This would be very helpful for us that buy used plows. It seems that other then the mounting (subframes) the biggest problem is the plow lights. Hardly anyone has many problems with the plow working after all It is the Best of the Best!!! It is a SNO-WAY.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

itmon,

If you go to our factory website http://www.snoway.com and click on the service center, manuals can be found there. Since you are stating that this light harness came off a Ford Ranger the harness should be our part #99100196. Go to the service center, click on read manuals, and click on light kit installations. You will see a listing there where you can find a guide on this harness. The manual you will need to look at is #97100352C. If you need any additional assistance let us know.

Regards,
    Tom O'Brien
    District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.

3. itmon

itmon Junior Member

Maybe there is something wrong with the web site, or my computer. I tried that before and just tried it now. I get a error message when I click on the manual stating._(the file does not exist! Other then taking me to a subtitle once you get the manual you want and click on it the error pops up. I don't see anything stating read manual I just get a 33 page document which lists all the manual, subframes and parts. If I click on anything in the doc it returns the error. Thanks for getting back to me anyway

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 2 urls below are the instructions for the harness for the S-10 and the adapters. they don't tell you much but there they are. The problem is the Chevy is low side switched while the ranger is controlled from the high side. you don't need extra diodes, or relays. you will need to add a ground to the system. so you have to rebuild the 196 harness off the ranger adding the required ground. once you strip all the loom off you will be able to track everything pretty easy. If you're electric savvy you could rewire the harness adding the additional ground as necessary but I just don't understand why you want to butcher your truck harness. buying the adapters are pretty cheap and will save a lot of headaches, plus if you decide to bite the bullet and buy the harness you won't have to splice the truck back together.

http://www.snoway.com/service/LightKits/97100352c.pdf
    http://www.snoway.com/service/LightKits/97100657A.pdf

GOOD LUCK!!!!:waving:

5. itmon

itmon Junior Member

Thanks Basher, After looking at those diagrams you are right, There is no information worth looking at. I haven't had any time to look at the truck due to the hard rain. I figure the difference between ford and chevy is the switching of the lights. Ford + switching and Chevy is - switching. a breakdown on the relay and the light grounding will be my key. I will need to make the relay send negative signal to the lights instead of what i figure is now is positive signal. It must be getting its positive from the parking lights to trigger the relay. Question is where is it getting its ground. Since there is no switching done with the parking and turn signal I must assume the lights are always grounded. In theory if I only hook up the parking +(brown) wire and plug in the plow lights the parking lights will work. If so, they have a constant ground. again I assume the headlight will also be grounded. If so I will need to remove the ground from the head lights and make that a positive and then have the relay send the ground (high beam and low beam).Well maybe the rain will stop and I will get a chance to start looking into my theory.