1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way gas v-box spreadder

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mullis56, Apr 11, 2006.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What size is best for a 3500 chevy dually?

Should I make/use it as a plow truck too?

Does the chute cover up the hitch or just above it? My reasoning for asking is that I am thinking of putting a back-up camera above my hitch that will aid in backing up with this beast while plowing, etc.
    If it does how hard is the chute to take off and is in recommended to take it off then put it back on while you have to spread?

Thanks for your help!!

Also anyone know where to get a Sno-Way in Indiana or Illinois?
  2. xeonpro

xeonpro Member

#1 I run a 8' (2yd) Spreader in my 3500 crew cab
    #2 with a 9' Xblade SS on the front!
    #3 If i remember correctly it just about covers up the hitch, but the chute comes off with minimal effort.
    #3.5 The second you get on the road the camera will be salt/snow covered...as long as you have good tow mirrors and take your time being cautious you'll be all set :)
    #4 Yes the chute comes off easliy..I leave mine on unless I need to tow something.

No problem!

#5 http://snoway.com/sno-way-dealers.cfm