1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way Frame Height?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by wkroncke17, Nov 10, 2008.

1. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

I own a 2006 Dodge 2500 Quad cab (deisel), and I just had a new Sno-Way 29 Series plow installed. Without the plow on the truck, the bottom of the lowest part of the frame (the "J" where the bottom pin hooks into) is only 6 3/4 inches off the ground when on a flat level surface. I've scraped it a couple of times, and it seems low to me??

Also....When I hit a bump just right, I've heard a light "clunk" in the right front suspension area. Is there anything that may be disturbed, or mounted close to the suspension in the right front that might hit?
    Any help/advice is much appreciated!!
    Thanks!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Look for sway bar interferance. Timbrens would be a good idea for that truck. You got a load on the front axle.

3. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

I looked up Timbrens online (I had no idea what they were!) They look pretty simple to install? They would help with the sway bar interference (Im pretty sure thats what I hear it hitting) but - what about the height of the bottom of the cups? That would not raise the ride hieght, and they are in the upper most bolt holes. It looks like there is room to drill a hole higher up, is that acceptable? Seems I need them at least 2" higher? Any other ideas?
    Thank you again!!!

4. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

Anyone else??:confused:

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

That looks like the exact same mount!! It must be hitting the sway bar, thats the only thing its close to?

Tires are stock, 265-70/15's

Are the Timbrens simple to install? (Look like it)

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

WOW, your truck must ride really low. I had that mount on my 2005 gasser and I was no where near the top of the adjustment and I was on the high side of the allowable range at 11 inches. If you're riding that low I would try a set of timbrens.

Do you have Pictures?

8. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

Just took some pics.
    Do the Timbrens actually raise the front end some? Or just help hold more weight?
    How are they to install?

plowframe 003.jpg

plowframe 002.jpg

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you know what the part numbers are on your plow mount? Your center member should be a 99100891?

10. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

it really dosnt look low to me but you can try putting a set of timbrens on or a set of rancho 9000 shocks that are adjustable

11. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

Ok...I put on the Timbrens. What a pain in the ass! They wouldnt stay in the cup! Kind of a cheesy setup I thought. I put 2 2x4 blocks in between them and the axle, and let the truck back down. When I lifted it back up, they would almost pop out???? So I did this 3 times, same thing. So I left the blocks in there, and drove around for a little while,parked it, and am letting it sit that way over night. Hopefully I can lift it up tomorow, take the blocks out, and they will stay seated in place.

12. wkroncke17

wkroncke17 Junior Member

Timbrens stayed seated in place!! Very happy, put the plow on, and when raised, the front end drops only about 1/2".