1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way for a new jeep???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tjeff, Nov 24, 2004.

1. tjeff

tjeff Junior Member

Hi all, just found this site searching for answers.
    Had a 2000 Jeep TJ wrangler with a 3" lift and a 6.5 Meyer poly plow for the last 4 years.
    Just sold the jeep and plow to buy a new 2005 rubicon unlimited and was
    thinking about the sno-way plow mainly because I like the downpressure.
    The poly meyer just didn't do the job when backdragging from the garage doors.
    Has anyone heard bad things about sno-way?
    There's a semi local dealer in my area that I can get to.

2. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I have a snoway 6'8" st, with DPS. I like it, although now I am thinking I should of gotten the MT. The DPS system works great. I can't compaer it to other plows , cus never had other plows.
  3. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

unlimited rubicon?

now I have jeep envy....did it come with lockers and dana 44's. please post a picture....who cares what plow you put on it. it will kick @@SS. :cry:
  4. tjeff

tjeff Junior Member

It's still on order, can't take a pic yet.

Boutallnite - why do you wish you got the MT?
    and do they make it for the Jeep?

5. yes, the downpressure is a very nice feature to have. I also have it on mine.
  6. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

Look at the Blizzard 680. I have one on my Wrangler and it does a great job. I have even gotten up hard packed and frozen snow. The trick is to keep the cutting edge of the plow under the snow load, and that is not so much of a weight issue as it is edge angle. The Blizzard 680 may be light, but I have no trouble keeping it to the ground......I guess it is just a good design.
  7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Snoway 6'8" ST...on my Toyota 4Runner....great plow for a light vehicle and very good for driveways and small lots. I went with the ST over the MT because of the amount of snow we get here....usually no more than 6-8" per storm...... I didn't think I needed the extra weight or height. So far I am right. When I upgrade my truck I will probably get another Snoway.

I think the DPS is what really makes this plow work well...because it is pretty light.

8. tjeff

tjeff Junior Member

Thanks all,
    I just saw that the sno-way ST weights 299 lbs and is 18" high
    The MT is 422 lbs and is 24" high.

Then I compared it to the Meyer poly I just sold.
    The web states it's 400 lbs and 23" high.

Kind of makes me lean towards the MT since it will be very similar.

However, with a bigger lift, kind of thinking the lighter one will be easier on my aftermarket springs? Was thinking of a long arm in about 2 years.

BTW, I never ran air shocks in my 00 TJ for four years and never noticed sagging with the 3" tera springs.

Sorry, just thinking out loud, I have to call the guy tomorrow (mon) with my decision (ST or MT)

9. peewee

peewee Member

I had lots of problems with my 2001 plow. lots of dps glitches. dumped it.