1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way for 2007 Ford Expedition

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by MikeSTGL, Oct 20, 2009.

1. MikeSTGL

MikeSTGL Junior Member
    from IL.

Sorry so long .
    I am looking for a plow for a 2007 Ford Expedition . I have been on-line to the major plow manufactures and none have a plow for this year , except sno-way . So that had me thinking that the Expedition was not rated for a plow . Went to the nearest dealer ( my mistake did not take the SUV ) and he said that Sno-way does make one , but they do not take into consideration the front GWR rating . He said that a rating of 3400 and he would not put a plow on it . A rating of 3800 he would put a plow on it . It is rated for 3550 . I got the feeling that he is upset with Sno-way becuase they put another midle man in and that raised the cost of the plow . I plan to take the SUV to him and see what he says then . Would like other opinions .

1) When Sno-way say they have a plow for a vehicle do they consider the frount GWR rating ?
    2) Is a frount gwr of 3550 enough for the Sno-way ( 26 series , 7'6" ) ?

Thanks.

2. outdoorimages

outdoorimages Junior Member
    from 52726

I have a 26 series 7'6" poly blade with downpressure for sale. Had it on 98 150, thought about putting it on my 2005 expedition, but got a new truck. Bought plow brand new last oct.barely used, looks great and very durable. Pretty sure the whole set up only weighed about 425#.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Lighter front ends than that are carrying 26 series