1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way fluid question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jerrylives906, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Jerrylives906

Jerrylives906 Junior Member

Hello, forgive me if this isnt the right place. I just signed up to this forum.

I have a Sno-Way Predator snow plow on a 92 chevy 2500HD(small for the truck, I know) and its a bit slow going up. The plow is stamped 99 so its quite old already. It has 2 giant batteries in it which are 2 years old so I dont think its that. What im wondering is how do you check the fluid level and or change the fluid. On top of the pump theres a cap, under it is the fluid but theres no dipstick or level sight anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A couple.

First there is no drain you need to pull the reservoir or use a vacuum pump.

good idea to drain the unit pull the reservoir and clean/change the filter. Check the pump unit itself for jelled fluids.

The 99 would be a part number. Snoway uses the designation 991 as the beginning of a lot of part numbers.

Three pin mount? Fenner or monarch pump? Yellow shoe box controller?

Look on the Aframe and see if there is a number starting 25D or 25G on a metal plate normally passenger's side.

answer those questions Email me at the address in my sig and I'll send you links to your manuals
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013