1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno way Fenner type wont raise

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 4x4fab.com, Dec 5, 2009.

1. 4x4fab.com

4x4fab.com Junior Member

I've got a sno way plow with a fenner pump setup. I am having an issue. The plow will not raise. Also, it will not angle unless I have the controls in the "down/float" position.

Looking at the hydraulic schematic, I am suspecting a faulty "port A Directional control valve", or coil. Does this sound reasonable? Also, where is this valve? I cannot find a diagram showing where the valve is. The hydraulic schematic says that it will have a brown wire labeld 10. my wiring is faded, and I can't locate it.
  2. 4x4fab.com

4x4fab.com Junior Member

I figured this out.....I did find the A port Directional valve and it was getting power and working properly. Next was the Down preasure valve/coil. It was not getting power. I traced it back to one of the connectors in the wiring harness. I simply sprayed some brake cleaner in the connector and TaDa, problem fixed.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Put some di-electri grease in the fitting to preven future corrosion
  4. 4x4fab.com

4x4fab.com Junior Member

Thanks, will do.