1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way Factory Blow Out! ST's and MT's

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by xrdirthead, Sep 7, 2006.

1. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

I just got one and thought I'd share the hot deal.

http://www.plowsunlimited.com/plowsale_mt.htm

Plows Unlimited will take your order and then in turn send it to Sno Way. Sno Way will then contact you and finalize the deal. Shipments come right from the Hartford factory.

2. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

[​IMG]

I thought it was a good deal :)

:drinkup:

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Looks great. I would add a deflector, it will save on wiper transmissions, as well as inproving your visability.

4. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

Thanks. I asked about adding an deflector and the dealer said if I was just doing driveways it was a waste of money. I'll see how it goes for now with out one on there.

I didn't think about how much of a "parachute" effect the plow would have on highway mpg's. I sucked down a quarter tank on the way home from the dealer.

Any tips for putting the plow on? The dealer ran through it but I'm sure it will take a few times going on and off for me to get the hang of it.

He almost put the lightbar through my hood showing me how to install the plow. He had the upper pin pulled so I think he hit the down pressure to raise the lights and they went flying into the front of my truck. No damage but kinda scary seeing it do that. Not exactly sure how he did that but I don't ever want to have that happen again.

Let it SNOW! payup

5. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Hi xrdirthead, I'm new to the site and am considering buying a 00 Cherokee Sport and mounting either an ST or MT to the front. I see you have a very similar setup. If I buy the Jeep I may try plowsunlimited for pricing. The nearest SnoWay dealer to me is a 1 hour drive. I'm trying to do my homework before I buy, as this vehicle will be my daily driver and driveway plow machine. If you could answer a couple of questions for me, I would appreciate it.

Question 1: Do the lower roll pan and/or fog lights have to be removed or altered to mount the subframe?

Question 2, if you could help out: The subframe has 3 plow mounting points. Would it be possible to measure the center to center distance of the 2 outboard plow to subframe mounting points? Is it about 24"? You could either measure the subframe or the plow frame itself. I have an additonal use for the subframe in mind (like towing the Jeep behind my motorhome) and a 24" distance would be ideal! The subframe appears stouter than a Blue OX base plate mounted in the same location.

Thanks,

Fran

6. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

Hi Fran,
    I wasn't told of any mods to my truck other than the piece of plastic that hangs below the front bumper between the two fog lights had to be removed.

The mounting points are about 21" apart.

Hope that helps,
    Ed

7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've always used a floor jack to lift the plow while the blade itself is stored on two wheel caster pads. I've never used the plows power to mount - seems to dangerous.

Takes a bit of practice but, now I can mount the plow in just a few minutes.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can just hit the down button and manually lift the light bar.

9. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Thanks Ed, This helps a lot. The fog lights stay! It is easier to make a tow bar more narrow than to make it wider. A good welder could refit it in about 1/2 hour.

Thanks again!

Fran

10. johndbaptist

johndbaptist Junior Member

johndbaptist

I have a 1997 Ford Expidition and I'm thinking about putting a Sno Way Mt 7.6 on it. The closest dealer to me is an hour away. I have never had a plow before, but I'm thinking about ordering from Plows Unlimited. What is the original MSRP? Would this plow be difficult for me to install myself? What would you recomend?

Thanks

11. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

You'll have to ask your local dealer about the MSRP. Find out how much they want for the buying just the plow and how much more it would be for them to install it.
    My local dealer said he couldn't buy it for what I was getting it for from the factory.
    As far as installation goes you should ask "Basher."
    Ed

12. johndbaptist

johndbaptist Junior Member

johndbaptist

I'm thinking about buying the Sno Way MT 7.5' polycarbonate blade from Plows Unlimited. It sounds like a great buy, but who would the warranty be through? I just called all of the local dealers and they told me that I could not bring it to them under the warranty. They told me that I would have to go through Plows Unlimited. Is this true? They also told me that the MT series has been discontinued, and parts will become rare. Is this legit?

Thanks,

13. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

The dealer just wants you to purchase from them.
    My dealer told me if I have a problem it will be covered but I did pay him 400 to install it. He said he doesn't make squat on the sale of the plow.
    The ST and MT are being fazed out but the case with my truck is that they are not going to make the new version to fit my truck so once the new ones are gone I would have had to go and find a used one. The 22 and 26 are really nice but in my case they most likely will never make it to fit my truck.
    I would say find out if you can get a 22 or 26 for your truck. If you can't you will be in the same boat as I found myself. I highly doubt you'll find yourself high and dry for parts from Snoway. Just because they stop making the plow doesn't mean they will stop support for them.
    Call Snoway and find out about warranty work through the local dealers if you but direct from them.

14. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Sno-Way dealers are expected to provide service and warranty to all Sno-Way plow or spreader owners. This is part of their responsibility in representing our product line. I find it absolutely ridiculous that you were told that you would need to go through Plows Unlimited for this service. I can not believe that if any of these dealers purchased as an example a GM pickup in MA rather than in CT that GM dealers in CT would not provide service or warranty work on their vehicles. I certainly can not believe that as a consumer they would accept that as an answer. They are correct in stating that we are discontinuing the MT series from our product offering. We will continue to offer service parts for this model for years to come. The MT series is being replaced with the 26 series which is now available for purchase through any local dealers.

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

As far as installation, it's not to bad, remove bumper, drill half a dozen holes, bust a couple knuckles, here's the link to the install instructions.
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100519d.pdf

16. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

I was under the impression that they were not going to make the 22 or 26 series mount for my 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I don't plan on selling my Jeep for a long time so I'm a happy camper.

17. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Based on xrdirthead's feedback, I've ordered a ST90 through plowsunlimited.com. Tom O'Brien got right back to me for delivery info (several times!) and will be shipping the unit to me soon.

Tom was great to work with! :salute:

Thanks,

Fran

18. toby4492

JeepTJ,

Thanks for the kind words. We at Sno-Way appreciate your business and wish you many years of service with your new snow plow. When you receive the plow don't forget to fill out the warranty registration paperwork and send into Sno-Way.

Regards,

19. xrdirthead

xrdirthead Member

I looked for the SN for the wireless controller under the cover but I didn't see it marked anywhere. Should I just send in the rest of the information I have?
    Thanks,
    Ed

20. toby4492

Ed,

There should be a sticker on the receiver. If you can not locate this # send in everything else that you have. Thanks again for your business.