1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way electric v box spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NAC, Dec 6, 2004.

1. NAC

NAC Senior Member

:help: Has any body used or have experience with a Sno-way electric v box spreader? If so any info would be appreciated.

2. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

I was told to stay away from the electric one, amp draw issues on my older 95 250 truck and upgrades are coming possibly next year on the system so I bought a snow-o-way v box gas job. Used it last night and was impressed! My last one was an air flow years ago and never worked quite right. The swing a way lower unit was the cats a** we used it to load sand in buckets like a dispenser and unloading it all dumped in a neat little pile. I did buy a 6 1/2 foot unit so I did not need to take out my tool box crowned the sand and still left the yard at 11,200 LB (oops) it seems to be a great unit I will keep everyone informed. As I could break anything. :salute:

3. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

If you are looking for a Quality all Electric V box look at SMITH or DOWNEASTER. I think it is the Downeaster that offers a swing out spinner chute. These two seem to be the best in the market for all electric.

I just added a Downeaster Dump insert with a tailgate replacement spreader this season. This an all electric unit and I have put about 10 ton of salt through it so far trouble free. Nice even pattern, feeds clean and runs quiet.

I do not miss the "Hope the spreader will start this time" worries.