1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way drop speed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J.Henderson, Dec 18, 2001.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Is there an adjustment screw for the sno-way hydro? My blade seems like it drops way to fast and really slams down. I looked in the search feature and couldn't find anything.

2. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

This may be stating the obvious, but do you make sure the downpressure switch is disengaged before dropping the blade? If it's engaged it will drop the blade down with a lot of force.

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I had wondered about this as well. When it's cold, it doesn't drop very fast. But once that fluid warms up... it falls pretty quickly.

Bryan??? Is there an adjustment???

4. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Bryan? Alan? Any tips?

5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

None from me, I like having the plow come down fast anyhow, so I leave the downpressure engaged all the time. As far as I know there is no adjustment on them. Call yourself lucky it's not a Lobo, they have them slowed down to a ridiculous level, I cna go for coffee and have a smoke while the plow is dropping.

6. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

I'm with Alan on this one, I haven't had that complaint before so honestly no I don't know either. You can call Steve at the factory at 1-800-662-1453 and ask him, he is in technical service and should know. Sorry I'm blank on this one. None of my manuals show any adjustments on drop speed.