1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way died!! Help

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by progmc, Mar 4, 2007.

1. progmc

progmc Member

I was out plowing the other night and all was good. Pushed up on a pile and went to raise the blade and there was nothing. Now it wont do any thing at all. When I hit any control I can just hear the solenoid clicking. I replaced the solenoid today and still the same thing. Any ideas what else it could be and how to fix it. Dont really want to go to the dealer but its kinda looking that way. Also its a 6ft 8in predetor plow. Thanks for any help you may have.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do the coils magnitize when you give commands?

3. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Check your battery connections first and then check to see if the same thing that has happened to me,happened to you. Read the "plow dead" thread in this forum for the whole story.

Check the batt. connections first though. Make sure they are super tight.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  4. progmc

progmc Member

Not sure what your talking about the coils? Never really had to work on it yet. thanks for the replys.

5. progmc

progmc Member

I checked all the wiring and cleaned them all up. Then put dieelectric grease on them all and retightend everything and the same thing. solenoid just clicks thats it. Could it be the starter motor and is there any way to check it. I just dont know what else to do to it. Any more help would be great thanks.

6. SGTPOOL

SGTPOOL Member

Get Outside The Truck And When You Do The Individual Commands, Up Down Left Right Place A Screw Driver Over The Corresponding Terminals. They Should Be Magnetized. Follow The Diagram Under The Motor Cover For Which Coil Should Be Magnetized With Which Command.

7. progmc

progmc Member

Ok I went out and did this and the screwdriver sticks to the right ones when I push that command. What does this mean? The solenoid still just clicks and thats it. I jumped the solenoid under the hood and nothing also I put some jumper cables from the battery to the positive on the motor and the ground on the motor and still nothing. Any other ideas? thanks

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

fried motor?

9. progmc

progmc Member

Thats kind of what Im thinking. Where can a guy get a motor other then from snoway. Im sure theres got to be aftermarket ones for much cheaper. thanks