1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way controller ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by c.t. lawn care, Nov 1, 2003.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

are the joystick controlers with the down pressure suposed to kinda stick or hold in the down mode? i think it is so that you dont have to hold it down when the down pressure is on but i was just wondering if i was the only one that has this issue or if it is suposed to do that.

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I've never used the joystick controller but on their regular switchbox the down position is also a locking function. If you were to drop the plow and center the down switch the plow is no longer in float mode without DP engaged.

Going back to the older Fishers with a mechanical joystick the down function also locked in palce to allow the plow to float. If you centered the handle it closed the lift valve and would hole the plow in position.

This is the same reaction from the Sno-Way switchbox so I tend to think the SW joystick is the same way, it locks so you don't have to hold it on long runs.

3. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

ok thanks... thats basicaly what i was thinking

4. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns Banned

Yup... thats the way it works, you have to lift the handle and it will release.