1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way commercial plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Prime Seasons, Jun 23, 2000.

1. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons Junior Member

I am a small time snow plow contractor. I run a 3/4 ton truck with a straight edged commercial sno way plow. Need to set up another truck for the next season and will buy a v plow. The question: stay with sno way Lobo series 9-'2&quot; or go to a Boss 9'-1&quot; v plow?<p>The Boss plow weighs 190 lbs more than the sno way, but the sno way has hydraulic down pressure which more than compensates for the weight difference. The Boss is not recommended for anything less than a full ton truck...<p>I have had good results with my present brand. Can anyone out there talk to me about their experiences with these two types of plow? Thank you.
  2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

first of all, i wouldn't buy either. Both are full trip and when you're in scoop mode and you hit a bump, the plow won't trip. John from sno pros has a hiniker full trip v-plow and said it took a beating. I'd look into a bottom trip plow like the western or fisher model. you can buy them cheaper now from a dealer because of summer specials. dino and the other guys can give your more info, but stay away from the full trip v-plows. billnero can advise you more than me because he deals a lot with snowplows.<p><br>Bryan<p>----------<br><br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;
  3. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons Junior Member

Western or Fisher, eh? 2 brands with which I am not too familiar. Will have to look over their web sites real quick. <p>Agreed that pricing will be better now and in July than later. Thanks for the advice...
  4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Supposedly, the Lobo has some sort of hydraulic relief that allows the wings to fold back when they hit something and then trip normally once the are straight across. For what it's worth, I will have a Lobo to complement our two 8' Predators this coming winter. The Lobo will ride on a K2500 and the Predators will be pushed by the S-10s.
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have a western v plow and it works great. I believe that a botton trip is essential to a v plow. However, any v plow is better than a stright blade.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
  6. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

We've got two Predator 7.5's. One thing you probably already know is the Snoways are very quick in responding to your commands (ie. up/down, left/right angle), much faster than our Meyers with the E-47 pump. I'm sure when we put a new E-60 on this year the difference will be less noticeable. I don't know anyone who uses a Lobo though, see lots of Westerns around here. Wonder if the Lobo is as much as a pain in the ass to put on as their straight blades are.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com
  7. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

After the first year we got good at mounting the Predators. Not a hassle now, not as fast as a Minute=Mount but about equal to one of the older Fishers