1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno Way 6 1/2 foot plow problem

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Case Plow, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Case Plow

Case Plow Junior Member

I have a 6.5 foot sno way plow with down pressure. It is at least 12 years old and it still had the 3 pin mount. I took it out of summer storage to get it ready. It worked until tonight. I went to move the plow and now only the down pressure works. The up toggle and left/right do not work. They do not even make the pump go. Also when in down pressure it constantly surges. By that I mean it dims my lights and the pump very briefly runs as if it is loseing pressure even though it isnt. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Case Plow

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What pump does it have? is it the new one with the muiltiplex controller or the older shoebox type?

3. Case Plow

Case Plow Junior Member

It has a fenner pump with the shoe box controller. How much will it cost to convert the controller? Thanks,

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You cannot convert controllers, the newer style is for the Monarch (now Bucher) pumps.

Have you checked to see if you have the plug at the grill is properly aligned?

Shoot me a email (address at bottom of page) and I'll get you some links for mechanic's guides and manuals.