1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno way 4cu ft salter

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ajracing81, Nov 23, 2015.

1. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

So I was using my sno way 4 cu ft hitch salter on Saturday and went to turn it on and the control box started smoking. Took it apart today and it's junk lots of burnt stuff. My question is can I just some how put a on off toggle switch on it. The control box has a 2 wire pigtail and had a 2 wire harness with plug you put in the cigarette lighter thing. Any help would be great. This just needs to last a month or 2 till I upgrade to a bigger salter!:mechanic:

2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Yes. All my tailgates I have had I ran a toggle switch...and hooked a karrier vibrator to run bulk salt. Run it straight to the battery if you want but I usually hook in a solenoid

3. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

We just re wired all the trucks with RV 7 wire plugs (and the trailers too) now everything matches, even all new trailer brake controllers. So everything is the same.

We put a toggle switch in the cab on the 12V power wire in the RV plug and wired the spreaders with RV plugs too

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Haha I thought I was the only one to do that?! It's a good idea you just need to remember to turn it on if you are towing a trailer that needs a battery charged.

5. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

work/back up lights

I'm going to add some LED lights and wire them to a RV plug too.

Going to have to get my wife's label gun and mark on/off on the dash for the switch, we didn't use lighted ones.