1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-way 4 sight, lighting system, FYI!!!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by CUTNGRAS, Jan 13, 2010.

1. CUTNGRAS

CUTNGRAS Junior Member
    from NY NY

Just purchased for our Sno-way Plows, Part # 99100969. I beleive its pretty new. Its a part that installs on your exisitng wiring harness. Once installed, when the plow is down, your vehicle head lights automatically turn on, When You raise the plow, the headlights turn off. Your regular plow lights work the same and always stay on as usual. When your plowing, your headlights and plow lights are always on, pretty good feature for night plowing. About 20 min install with no modifications to your exisitng system. Just a little FYI.................Works well

2. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Interesting....

3. gcdodge

gcdodge Junior Member
    from indiana

How much does that little option run..

4. CUTNGRAS

CUTNGRAS Junior Member
    from NY NY

5. JCE

JCE Member

Here's a pic of mine with the 4Sight. (plow down). Driving lights and Plow Lights replaced with SilverStars and Headlights with SilverStar Ultras. It's really nice at night!
    [​IMG]

6. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

Here is a new Silverado with the 4 Site System. I have sold a bunch of trucks with the 4 Site this year and everyone has been very happy with it.

All the lights on with the plow down.
    [​IMG]

As soon as you hit the up button on the remote the truck lights turn off.
    [​IMG]

7. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

The idea is good as you can always use more light...what are the battery repercussions if any? I would think the extra load could affect the charging system's ability to keep things "humming" along normally with no issues of dying batteries.
    I only say this because I have a single battery and at times my lights dim when raising the plow...

8. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

I have a little 2003 Ford Ranger with the original battery. It does dim the lights for just a second when I raise the plow. But the amps jump right back up. I have had no issues with power so far.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

While any of the dual burn systems use more amperage then a normal system, you cannot help it, more lights, greater power requirements but the 4-sight turns off the second you go to lift the blade so it does not compete with the blade for available energy.

10. gcdodge

gcdodge Junior Member
    from indiana

is this available for all trucks and plows or just the new plows could i add it to my 29 series on my 01 dodge I have the Eis system now does it just tie into that?

11. s_melchi

s_melchi Senior Member

Yes it will work on your truck.