1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sno-Way 29VHD

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by seahawk, Nov 21, 2013.

1. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

Just ordered a new Sno-Way 29vhd for my 2013 Ram 3500. Years ago I used a Meyers straight blade, and I thought that this time Sno-Way's Wireless control and a V-plow was the way to go. I am looking forward to the Macro buttons. Just need to figure out whats going to happen to the Bull Bar and Vision LEDS that I just mounted.:confused: I'll post pics when I'm done. I think you will find postings online that criticize manufactures, but alot comes from lack of maintenance and careless installs. Most of the long time manufactures would be out of business if they built crap.

Truck Bull Bar.JPG
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

I know that was just a boring pic of a Ram. I just got the plow delivered today so I'll do my best to install tomorrow. Took a little longer getting it to the west coast. Yeh, sometimes we get snow!
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Those "fat bottom lip" bars are not compatible with plows.
    Also, they're a bad idea to begin with. If you get hit from the front, it is NOT structural -- it will bend back and rip apart the whole front end of your car.
  4. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

Got the plow on today. With a slight modification to the bull bar mount and get it snug to the bumper it will work with the plow on. The cheap thin metal on bumpers these days and painted at that, not much protection anyway.
  5. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

Ok so i spent a few hours modifying the Bull Bar today.The bar is now up tight to the bumper, that gained me almost 2 inches. When the plow is all the way up it is real close to the pump but doesn't touch. I did have to slide the pump assembly mounting tray fwd about 3/4 inch. Tomorrow I will complete the wiring.
    Looked online to see pictures of a Snoway plow mount before I purchased mine but couldn't find one, so here is one. I'll post finished ones soon.

snoway mount.jpg

Snoway mount 2.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  6. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

Well it took awhile but I happy with the results. Very easy to mount and dismount by myself. Glad I was able to keep the Bull Bar.

SnoWay 13.jpg

SnoWay 3.jpg

SnoWay 4.jpg

SnoWay 6.jpg

SnoWay 9.jpg
  7. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

Wow ... that looks great. Nice job on the install. Thumbs Up
  8. A6A6

A6A6 Junior Member

Looks sweet
  9. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Nice setup.
  10. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

Ya thanks....all dressed up and...hey where did my snow go, oh ya.... I'm on the west coast!:redbounce
  11. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

All our snow we had here in Central New York melted, looks like maybe a green Christmas for us.:(
  12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Very clean install Thumbs UpThumbs Up
  13. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

I measured the drop once the Sno-Way plow was mounted and the truck lowered exactly 1". This is the 2013 Ram 3500, obviously a 1 ton.
  14. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

15. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

16. seahawk

seahawk Junior Member

Is the youtube video link not working for you?