1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way 29r slow to raise

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mksent02, Mar 12, 2015.

1. mksent02

mksent02 Member

I bought a new to me 29r. It takes 10-11 seconds to raise fully, all other functions seem ok. I have removed and cleaned the reservoir , all the valves, found and cleaned the screens in the lift cylinder, pulled the motor and spun the pump by hand. The motor brushes are in good shape and no goop inside. The motor is pulling 136 amps. The truck battery is new and a die hard gold, above 13 volts at the solenoid. The alternator is putting out around 100 amps. I do not have a high pressure gauge but i did adjust the main relief up. I gained 1 second. What am I missing? :cry: Thanks for any insight!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Pretty high amp draw for that unit.

3. mksent02

mksent02 Member

I was hoping you'd chime in Basher, I couldn't find specs anywhere. I am unfamiliar with sno-way- I'm a fisher convert. Thumbs Up I appreciate the help!

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Slow but strong= motor, slow and weak= pump. At least that's how I start with my diagnostics. A pressure gage really helps.

5. mksent02

mksent02 Member

basher, you were correct of course. I didn't do an amp draw but the new motor raises the plow fully in 5 seconds. I got it off ebay for 85 with free shipping & it has bearings in both ends. I will be borrowing a pressure gauge soon. for now I put the main relief back were it was. Very happy to see sno-way banner back on plowsite!