1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sno-way 29HD valve problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 1bishop, Dec 28, 2012.

1. 1bishop

1bishop Junior Member

Hi everyone

It Finaly snowed here Thumbs Up

I have a problem with my plow valves. They seem to be randomly and intermittently failing after a fluid leak (blown o-ring -I fixed it). I cleaned all wires and connections but still have a problem. I tested voltage at each valve both connectors on each read 12V. When they are activated the motor runs but plow wont move depending on which is failing at the moment :confused:
    I was hoping for some advice before I start pulling all the valves. Right now its the DP pressure relief valve that's not working, after DP is turned off pressure stays. 10 min ago it was left swing that didnt work, but now does. I noticed the DP relief is magnetized.
    I have 3 customers I could not complete and My local service guy is missing this year and the closest one is far away.

2. 1bishop

1bishop Junior Member

It was the Reciever for anyone who might have this problem in the future.All fuctions had checked out on the reciever that it was ok, but since the problem was occasional it was hard to track. Was hoping it was a ground lol, guess the recievers are made in China at the toothpaste factory:eek:

Thread can be closed thanks